- LAN remediation was completed for NSW correctional centres in 2011 but Junee Correctional Centre was out of scope at that time.
- The LAN environment at Junee Correctional Centre required remediation due to ageing and end of life infrastructure, and non-compliance with the Department of Justice LAN & Telecommunications standards.
- It was critical that this LAN Remediation work, which included replacement of network infrastructure, was completed. This would ensure that the site complied with the Department of Justice LAN & Telecommunications Cabling standards, and would resolve significant IC&T user performance issues.
- Applied the previously-developed LAN Standard to the site and remediated the existing LAN and infrastructure accordingly. NTS was a key partner in the development of the LAN Standard utilised by NSW Department of Justice (via the original LAN Remediation Program).
- Assumed responsibility for project management of all works assigned to NTS and liaised with all customer and third-party stakeholders to ensure all relevant milestones and budgets were satisfactorily delivered.
- Remediated the infrastructure for each site according to the approved design, which included:
- Installation of active equipment.
- Installation of communications racks.
- Relocation of WAN / Extranet equipment.
- Installation of backbone and horizontal cabling.
- Removal and secure disposal of old switches, hubs and communications racks.
- Installation of new dedicated circuits to communications racks (where required).
- Installation of voice tie cables from existing IDFs to new communications racks.
- The customer is now enjoying the benefits of a scalable, high performance, resilient, fault tolerant and manageable network that has significantly improved user experience, reduced operational expenditure on break/fix issues and will reduce capital expenditure on upgrades to suit emerging technologies.
- NTS were awarded 39/40 delivery rating for this project with the customer also commenting on the high quality of our work.